Monday, November 27, 2017

Thanksgiving at Norms - Costa Mesa

It's our tradition every year to eat turkey for Thanksgiving at a restaurant. This year we went to Norms, which offered a $13.99 Thanksgiving special that looked great in the flyers advertising it, but horrible on the plate.

Look at it! It looks like prison slop!


But despite its vomit-inducing appearance, it was both a great-tasting pile of food and an incredible bargain.

For $13.99, I was served a soup (a cream of turkey that I could have any day of the year), a green salad, turkey with both white and dark meat (which was admittedly dry and ropy), a ton of stuffing, candied yams, zucchini sauteed with onions, mashed potatoes indented with a lake of gravy, and a thimble of cranberry jelly.


For dessert, there was a slice of pumpkin pie. And oh yeah, a roll that I never even touched.


I should also mention that I shared this plate with my better half and we were still barely able to waddle out the door...and if that isn't the point of Thanksgiving, I don't know what is.

Norms
2150 Harbor Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
(949) 631-0505
https://normsrestaurants.com

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Basil Mediterranean - Costa Mesa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home