Friday, April 06, 2018

Poke Bowls at Foodland Farms - Lahaina, Maui, HI



Eating this poke bowl ($6.99) at Foodland Farms, a supermarket near Lahaina, made me happy. Happy that I discovered it by chance. Happy that it was so reasonably priced. Happy that it tasted fresh as though it swam just minutes before. Happy that it was well-marinated, with the seasoning seeped into the fish. Happy that it was one of the most satisfying and filling lunches I ate while I was on Maui.

But it also made me feel sad. Sad that back home, in California, poke places continue to flood the market, but they're all those assembly-line joints that overprice and offer you the option to make barely-flavored or overly-sauced amalgamations that no Hawaiian would even consider calling poke.

Foodland Farms
345 Keawe St # 304
Lahaina, HI 96761
(808) 662-7088

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Golden Road Pub - Anaheim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home