Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Sawleaf Vietnamese Cafe - Irvine


It's not often that I go back to a restaurant I already reviewed, even if it's been a year. But when I do, it's nice to see brand new dishes like this filet mignon pho in a Hue-style broth, a soup that tastes halfway between traditional pho and Thai tom yum. Not only is it requisitely beefy with whiffs of star anise, it's also sufficiently hot and tangy that I required no additional Sriracha squirts, squeezes of lime, or even one slice of the jalapeño.

It's also nice that they framed and hung my review on the wall. Seeing this always gives me the opportunity to say to whoever I'm with, "Hey, if this guy says this place is good, it must be good!" as I point at it, winking.

The eye rolls I get are priceless.

Sawleaf Vietnamese Cafe
13786 Jamboree Rd C
Irvine, CA 92602
(714) 417-9028

THIS WEEK ON OC WEEKLY:
Basilur Tea & Coffee - Buena Park

3 Comments:

At 3:40 AM, Blogger Greg said...

HAHAHA. Just for this alone we need to go to this place together next time I'm home!!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

Absolutely, Greg! Ring me up when you're back! Seriously, it's been too long since we've seen you!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger elmomonster said...

By the way, sorry for the late reply. My Yahoo e-mail seems to think your comments are SPAM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home